Sunday, October 16, 2011

I was in university again, and I was living alone in a single room house, which was a residence house owned by the university. It was in the middle of a lake or marsh, surrounded by tall water plants and bulrushes  The house was held above the water by sticks, and there was a ladder allowed access from the water to the doorway. I left my home to visit Wafer, who lived in a normal house on dry land. She was speaking into a white, corded telephone when I saw her in her lilac and white tiled kitchen. Her apron matched the lilac and the sun shone brightly from her window onto her troubled face. When her phone conversation was over, we chatted, and biscuits and drank from gold-rimmed teacups. I don't remember what happened between here and after, but I found myself following a cute man that I knew, since we were going to his house. His house was the one behind mine, but also to the left, and it was also held above water. To get there, we hand to swim. I was terrified because I don't know how to, but once I fell in, swimming felt natural. I swam short distances to see whether it was a fluke I knew how to swim, and when the man jumped in, I told him this. The two of us swam the short distance to his house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates