Saturday, October 15, 2011

I had a wonderful dream. At first, I was at a home of a family who lost a daughter in a flight. She was an adult, or almost one. Even with their loss, the family decided to go on vacation to forget their pain. They went to Mexico, and upon arrival, they went to a restaurant. Some of my family and friends were there. Since our group was huge, we were divided into three tables, my table being the people my age. I ordered nachos, but I ate with a fork. Our server was an old lady with grey hair. As she was clearing our plates, she asked us whose cooking did we enjoy the most. We pointed to an empty plate beside us and she said, "Oh, Nenna. There's her name under the plate." Sure enough, a slip of paper was there with "Neie T." printed on it. My table got up to leave, but I asked for the washroom. My cousin's girlfriend pointed straight outside the door. I walked into the sun and to the next building. The washrooms were divided by male and female and were only a single room for each. Since the woman's room was occupied I only needed to wash my hands, I went into the men's room, propping the door open to show it was still free. A short boy lined up behind my door as I was soaping my hands; I forfeit the washroom with soapy hands waiting for the woman's room to open. When it did, Wafer was inside. I quickly rinsed my hands and together we joined our small group waiting for us under the Mexican sun.

This is where things got a little funky. I noticed a guy in a group with tanned skin and white blond hair. I studied him and he gave me a smile, but in any case, I thought he was adorable and attractive. Our group was much smaller now- about six members. Wafer and her boyfriend, this smiley dude and I, and two others, one of which could be Shortbread. The tanned dude was Axel Krom of Shortbread's and my Project E.P.I.C, but during this dream, it never occurred to me. He knew this land and where to go, but he told us there was somewhere he needed to visit first. By foot, we walked through patches of dirt, where the hot sun dried up the grassy vegetation. There were a few shops set up like stalls, but they were on the main road, as we walked on the hills. We arrived at a row of six or so headstones and Axel knelt down in front of the third or fourth, saying a prayer while holding a small hand full of red pony beads. I was intrigued watching him before the slab of stone. I couldn't read the text on it either- it wasn't in our alphabet, nor looked anything similar. When he finished, he threw the beads on the stone and we walked a distance to another row of six headstones. He repeated this ritual again, and at the last row of headstones we went to (a total of three rows). I had a book with me, and with each headstone and hand full of beads, I picked up a bead and hid it inside my book. Axel caught me on the third headstone, giving me a playful hug from behind and saying they were for his family. Now without plans on where to head next, I turned to Wafer and asked if she wanted to go find some anime merchandise, but Wafer said "no" as she shook her head. We continued walking, drifting where the road would take us.

Despite being a long walk, it was marvelous, though I think it was the rush of hormones and the feeling of a crush that made it fun. Somewhere along the time we walked, I was as certain as Axel was that we fancied each other. I wore a Pandora bracelet that (by boyfriend in reality, though in the dream I was single) gave me and I feared it would be stolen once we reached a place densely populated. I took it off to hide in my canvas, red bag, but Axel grabbed it and ran ahead, laughing. I chased after him, begging him to give it back, and after a short distance, I said I'd trade him a kiss for it. He agreed and through that kiss, I had two thoughts: 1) Maybe I should have saved our first kiss for something romantic like night time, and 2) an article I read about the swap of pheromones through kissing and how a person could tell who is attractively compatible like this- and he was my type. He gave my bracelet back and we caught up with the rest of our group who left us behind due to our public display of affection.

Around night fall, we came to a show or festival with an Arabian theme to it. I noticed we were now surrounded by sand, rather than the dried dirt and sparse grass. The show area was interesting. It was rectangular and large in shape with a roof held up by many, thick columns. The centre of the rectangle was dug out deeply so there was a ridge above the bottom floor. The stage was downstairs and to one side of the dug out space, and in front of it were many chairs. The others wanted to sit close to the performance, which was possibly a mix of singing, musicians and dancing, but Axel and I stayed on the top layer, looking down towards the stage and beside one of the thick columns. There were blankets where we were. Axel laid down, putting his hands behind his head and I snuggled with him under a blanket as we listened to the stage. I asked him whether he thought it was strange we quickly fell into love and he replied no. He believed that there is a parallel planet to the one we're living on now, the same size and shape, as well as rotation and on the same orbit. He said he believed there are the same people as us on that other planet who fell in love as well, and it was their destiny as much as ours. I believed every word of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates