Sunday, July 19, 2009

I was at school, at my high school's gymnasium, though the freedom we had was that of university's. I sat down in the back row of the chairs with my friend Hugene and a few people I knew from high school that were acquaintances. I talked with her for a bit, then left because I didn't feel like I belonged. I was waiting for my friends from high school to come, but no one came except Hugene. It was cloudy and just after noon when I left. I walked the path towards the dorms and stood in the stairwell, which had glass windows-- as if it were a main and important building. I rested my head on the concrete railing and looked down and out the windows. There was a girl and a couple. The girl was shooting arrows at them. I realized she was using real arrows with a toy bow. I watched them carefully until the archer noticed I was watching and stopped shooting. I continued to stare at her, making sure she wouldn't hurt anyone. I felt lonely and started crying. I wasn't only feeling lonely, I missed my friend who was like a brother to me. I haven't talked to Soah in a long time. I've forgotten what it feels like to miss someone this much. I tried my best to stop crying and ran down flights of stairs. I kept running until I ran into Masterr, Andy, Jay and a few of their friends sitting on red couches in the the lounge in the stairwell. I don't know if it was obvious that I was crying, but I kept my head low and asked if they knew where Soah was. Masterr said he was in his room at the ??? floor. I started running up the stairs again when she called asking if I knew where it was. I stopped and told her I'd find it, but she told Pumpkin to come with me. I didn't realize Pumpkin was with them-- he must've been hidden in the corner closest to me. As we ran up, I was telling him I haven't seen Soah in a long time. I added, "I haven't seen you too and I've missed you," in hopes that I wouldn't make him feel unloved. We got to Soah's floor and walked the hall. His room was at the very end. His door was open. He had a balcony and those doors were also wide open, showing the darkening sky turn from red to violet. The translucent curtains framing his balcony doors puffed up gently, indicating a little bit of wind. We walked in and Pumpkin called his name out. His room was large and roomy. Soah appeared in the doorway to our left. I felt happy.

I had another dream that I ate one of my mom's bibinka slices and it tasted sour. I picked up another slice and broke it in half with my fingers, revealing dark green spots inside it. I was sure it was expired by the taste of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates