Saturday, January 19, 2013

I was with all my relatives from my dad's side and we went to a formal restaurant for lunch. I was near the entrance waiting for a table with the adults when most of the children have been seated. At the front desk were two boxes of nail polish. I looked at the colours and my cousin picked up a dark blue one to try. She was disappointed in the texture because it was extremely thin. Behind us, my aunt was heading back to her car because her feet were cold in the flip flops she wore and she was looking to change into shoes. Soon we were sent to sit with the rest of my cousins and I sat at the head. Each of us were given a necklace, so in my hand was a ruby, heart pendant on a thin, brass wire that kept a round shape. My cousin seated at the other side of the head table called to me to join the necklace switch where we would try on each other's received necklace. In my hand next was a bronze necklace that I didn't understand. It was suppose to be a heart so i fidgeted with it and it became an upside down heart. Now i had to let it go and I received my necklace back. There were soda cans by each of my cousin's plates but mine and I wondered when did they get these- I've been left out by everyone again, as I am constantly missing out on things when I'm with these people. I looked behind me and noticed there were two young, blond, Caucasian ladies in tight, black and modest dresses talking and guiding children back to their corner of the restaurant. I figured they were event planners for a wedding reception that was currently happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates