Thursday, October 4, 2012

I worked at Michaels, and I stepped outside for something. I returned at my first day of work to find that it had gotten really busy, like a rush at Christmas time. I rushed to one of the cashier stations to help bag purchases and the cashier was a big, black man. I asked him, "should I bag stuff?" and he finished ringing the customer, bagged the items and pulled out a barcode sticker from somewhere to which he stuck on the back of my hand. He said something along the lines of "you're the reason I quit". When he left, I was panicking at the booth and luckily a lady came by with a red apron on and told me to go to the back- she'll handle it. I rushed to the back and realized I was a new trainee. There were many others there too. I found an empty place to lie down and cry; I was scared it was my fault that man left. When I heard a superior voice gather the newbies, I dried my eyes and summoned courage before rushing there. She was showing everyone a picture of two things; they were Persona 4 related. She told everyone to take out their cameras, but I didn't know we had to bring one. I stood there feeling stupid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates