Sunday, May 3, 2009

I had two dreams that linked together too well.. I don't know where the dreams separate, but I definitely had two. I lived underground and I was a writer or an author. I went up to the surface with two beaded bracelets. The day was dark and right after a rainstorm. I stood in a parking lot because that was where the elevator to the underground and surface connected. The elevator was old and rusty. One of the bracelets I held broke. The one yellow star and white and green beads scattered. As I tried to put the bracelet back together, a girl appeared. As her classmates loaded off the bus behind her, the girl on a field trip spoke to me. She asked questions; I wasn't happy. I may have gotten annoyed too. At last I left the bracelet pieces and went back to the elevator, going back down to the underground, but as I entered the elevator, I thought about adding her to my story in good spirits. When I was down at my floor, in a fenced cage was Eli (an African friend in my grade one, elementary class). He was there with Tart and his mother who didn't speak English. Tart was working on her school essay and just finished it. We talked about it until Eli said his mother would like to proofread her paper and make sure she reached the minimum word count and essay length. Tart let her read it. I can't remember what happened after that, but Eli's mother asked if I wanted to take a bath. She filled a huge bathtub with water for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates