Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The real date of this dream is lost. I dated this dream by approximation.

My sister and I waited in my dorm room which was part of the school. We packed our bags, and I waited for the delivery man to show up. While waiting, our cousins made a surprise visit but I had to leave still to go to the library with the delivery man. When he came, my sister didn't want to go. Turns out the delivery man was the drummer from the band named "Anberlin". He spoke with a lisp-- I thought, maybe that's why he doesn't sing. He brought textbooks to my room after the library. My sister sat there; we talked about something and she said it was my fault for it. I said, "no it isn't, but I'd rather not go into details about it." I felt smart and left. The delivery man brought in more books so I left to help him. On the way, in the hall, a man also moving books said something like, "Oh great! Are you helping too?" I did something that signaled "yes" and kept walking. One of Cookie's friends from college, one of African descent, saw me. He walked up to me and said something in street slang. We talked as we walked; I couldn't figure out what to say, forgetting the words I wanted to express with. I asked him what it meant, and he said,"oh.." and smiled, and started to explain but stopped when we reached the staircase to the front entrance and reached the top. Cookie was standing there with his books, about to go to class. The sun from the outside lit him from behind, as it was a nice and sunny day. When he saw me, he ran to the exit doors, opened one, as if playing. I ran and opened the one across from him. He still playfully smiled, waiting for me to move. I reached into my back slowly and tried to take my camera out from its case but he heard the velcro rip and dashed outside with me chasing him, laughing. Though my laugh was eerie sounding; they were sounds of "he he he..", each letter pronounced clearly.

* Anberlin is one of my favourite music bands.
* It's unfortunate that the 'blame game' is commonly played in my house. I endlessly hate it with the rage of a thousand suns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates