Friday, October 9, 2020

20201009 nap


Cookie and I lived in a house with a large backyard. It was still a townhouse. We knew our weekend employer was visiting, so I was inside cleaning. It was cloudy outside and raining on and off, but the neighbours were having a little party outside on the front lawn.

I had the backyard doors open and Cookie was home with me. We saw our boss pass by the backyard door and we went to say hi. He was working on a project on our property. He commented on all the junk and papers I had strewed across our living room floor, and I told him I was cleaning up.
.-.-.-.

I was at my home, but it didn't look the same. It was a much larger, detached house. Cookie was moving things with someone, but eventually I noticed as time passed that family members which I have seen in years were appearing. Cousins and aunts and uncles had plates of food in their hands. Most of them ignored my presence, (after greetings, this was kind of normal in my family gatherings) even without saying hello. They were interested in getting food, and finding a place to sit in our furnished house. I spoke to one of my cousins, who at the last time I've seen had two children, in awkward formality.

As I went through my home, I noted there were definitely more than ten people in the house -- about twenty.¹ I found my mother and expressed my concern about how this was a health violation and we can be harshly fined if caught, but she brushed my words away.
.-.-.-.

I was outdoors in the city, which I had an inkling was in Hamilton, Ontario. I sat in a paved, pedestrian location, looking at (what I imagine, since I've never been in this area) [Tea Hut's] storefront selling bubble tea. Turning to my sister, I told her I wanted bubble tea, but she said 'no'.

"But we get it every Saturday!" I frowned. I really wanted my taro soy milk with tapioca, since I can't have regular milk.

---------------
¹ Right now, because of the Coronavirus 19 Pandemic, on Ontario, Canada's second-wave, our premier stated are restricted to spending Thanksgiving with our immediate families/up to ten individuals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates