Tuesday, October 6, 2020

20201006

My parents owned a little business or shop with a living area on the same floor. Sometimes my sister and I would help out at the front with customers. 

Honeycrisp had come back from his trip to the Yukon, and on his trip, he realized he was in love with me. He called me before coming to the shop. I dressed up in a short, black, a-lined skirt and a small, white, long sleeved sweater. He showed up neatly dressed, in a casual suit. He was different. His movement flowed like water. He was confident. I was nervous to see him again. My heart fluttered lightly. He greeted me sweetly and warmly.

My sister's boyfriend also stopped by. He was a business student with dark features and a beard. He spoke confidently, wore a suit, but he made me uneasy, like a salesman trying to sell junk persistently. He followed my parents to their office, which was full of records, and important information.

My parents were playing a game. They were looking for a number in their files. I don't know what the number was for. I saw Honeycrisp follow boyfriend into the office. From the hallway, I overheard him make arguments that I recognized from Tangerine Banking, about identify safety. I went in to see what was going on.

I pulled him into the hallway. He was frantic when we spoke to me. "I gotta go in there. He's after something. Do you know what your parents are sifting through? That he could see? Bank statements, card numbers, SIN numbers... He's looking for something. You have to get him out of there."

I thought carefully. My parents were acting quite gullably, more than usual. I told my sister what he said, repeating her boyfriend had to leave the office.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates