Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The lights were off in the small, dark hotel room Talon (from League of Legends) and I silently waited in. The wind rattled the window blinds that filtered the moon's light onto the carpeted floor. We were waiting for some kind of instruction, or maybe a target, because he waited beside the open window, out of the moon's reach, and staring into the darkness. I vaguely remember lying on the bed with a maroon blanket, and another time where I tried to pull his hood down, but he pushed me away in annoyance.
*****
I was lazing on a lawn chair on the balcony of our apartment that looked much like my childhood apartment of 9L. Wearing sunglasses, a white t-shirt and short-shorts I made from a pair of my husband's shredded, old jeans, I enjoyed the morning sunshine, reading "Crossed" by Ally Condie. Once in a while, I'd look around, taking in the suburban view when I noticed a man in his 20s sitting in his balcony from an apartment across our own. Sitting beside a woman around his age, he was eyeing me, a big grin curving his mouth. We made eye contact, so I waved to him, and he cocked an eyebrow arrogantly. As soon as his female friend handed him something that looked much like binoculars, I realized I was lying about with my knees bent and my legs wide open. I knew these homemade shorts revealed my underwear, but I didn't realize I would sit down in that particular position (it's a regular position I fall into). I quickly went inside, embarrassed, bumping into the black sofa in our living room.
*****
Perhaps this part was another dream. Inside my apartment, there were clothes hanging on racks, as if it were a store. I thought about trying some of them sometime, as made a bee line to the washroom, which became a public one with grey stalls. Someone knocked on my stall door, and the voice of an old lady told me to hurry in a rude manner because they were closing. Offended, I thought about cancelling their contract of using my home as their store, but I figured it wouldn't be a good idea, because they contributed to the rent, significantly making ours much, much cheaper. When I was finished, I walked out of the washroom, and the store was run by a handful of old, wrinkly, grey-haired ladies, who pushed me out the door before I could tell them, "I live here!". Regardless, I was dressed in a long, navy, wool coat, and my beautiful taupe boots, that I walked out into a hallway, ready to go out into the winter cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates