Monday, November 24, 2014

For some reason, Cookie, a few friends, and I were spending the night at Cookie's mother's house. I've forgotten most of what happened, but I remember three main events.

The first was with Shortbread and Wafer. Shortbread was asking me what the furniture was like on the backyard deck, because we saw chairs made of weaved material - some kind of tree. I told her my in-laws had two sunbathing chairs and four arm chairs made of the same materials and in the same weaved style. She was surprised there were weaved sunbathing chairs, but she didn't reject their existence.

Some time passed and we went to the backyard, where Shortbread commented on the sunbathing chairs. Although it was day time, we acted as though it was time to get ready for bed. Wafer disappeared, and Shortbread pulled out a denim blanket, sinking into a depressing mood. She told me about her cat, Pika, whose health had fallen, and the time to put her to sleep was approaching soon. She had scissors with her, and began weeping as she cut up the blanket to make a smaller one, so she could wrap Pika and bury her in it. I watched as she flipped the blanket over, finding a square pattern in the centre, and decided on cutting out the square instead. I had an arm around her the whole time, not sure how to share my support.

After everyone had gone home, and Cookie and I were packing our things in the lobby. Cookie's mom was at the house, and I was fully aware that it was November 29th - Cookie's stepdad's birthday. I was shy to talk to Cookie's mom, and when his stepdad came downstairs, we said our goodbyes and went out the door. I didn't greet him for his birthday because I was too shy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates