Friday, November 16, 2012

In my first dream, I had a daughter with my husband of a few years. She was older, maybe nine years old, with fair skin and dark hair that shone brown in the sunlight. Somehow we found out Cookie had previous marriages- three past wives. My daughter wanted to meet them, so we scheduled for all of them to visit our house. Our daughter was excited, as she was saying "I have four moms!" When we all met, my husband came home and saw the five of us having tea in the backyard. He was unimpressed and grew huge, turning green. He was the hulk. He threw a fit, and I can't remember how he got knocked down, but I was the only one who could soothe him. he was laying on the grassy floor and I patted his head, stroking his hair. When one of his previous wives approached, he would get angry, so they left me to take care of him.

Everyone was migrating somewhere; everyone I knew and loved. We were carpooling to somewhere far, abandoning our houses and mostly everything we owned. I sat in a car with Shortbread on the highway, convoying with my family when we all stopped by the side of the road. We saw Canadian geese- many of them- enough to cover the sky. I took out my camera and tried to take a picture, but the view finder wouldn't focus and it showed all the birds as waves in the ocean. We looked closely, and they were penguins. Why were penguins in North America? I tried taking another picture with the same result. I look again and there were many birds. My photo teacher tried taking a picture, as well as my sister, but we were unable to. I had difficulty trying to make mine focus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates