Thursday, March 23, 2023

20230323 I can't remember how it began, but Biscotti stopped by out house (which had Cookie's grandparent's house's layout). I was watching a streaming tv show up in Cookie's and my bedroom. I set up our printer because he wanted to watch Doctor Who next, as if printing something would change the playlist of my television. Soon, Spritz arrived, then Shortbread, who took the transit. As we were watching my show, the paper jams in the printer and we fix it with much struggle. Also while we watched my show, Spritz put a CD into my CD player to watch after, as if that eould affect my playlist as well. When it was finally done, Shortbread said she had to leave to catch the busses, but Biscotti volunteered to drive her home. She stayed longer and we went down to grab a snack.

Biscotti's little brother was lazing on the sofa with Cookie. I asked why they didn't come up; Cookie just shrugged.

In the middle of the night, I woke up and went to the main floor because I heard a sound. Cookie was wide awake and came up from the basement. In the hallway, between us, was a polar bear. We stood still as I recalled the rhyme about what to do:

If a bear is brown, lie down;
If a bear is black, fight back;
If a bear is white, good night.

The bear didn't seem to notice us as it began descending the stairs to the basement. As doon as it was far enough, I closed the lights and shut the door, noticing the RBG on Cookie's computer was on. Cookie wasn't sleepy so he was playing Hearthstone.
“What do we do?” Cookie asked.
As I checked Google Maps on my smartphone, looking for animal control. One was open at 1:30. It was now 2:00. Relieved and eager to get rid of the bear, I called them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates