Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I was in a dark world. At first, I was in a modern little village where business men and women met at a little coffee shop, but as I travelled down a path leading to a heavily darkened road, I came across an old house once as brightly used as a banquet hall. I went through rooms, eliminating the ghostly haunted dangers until finally I reached the last three rooms. They were larger than the rest, or there was more than one room to pass. Either way, I had difficulty eliminating the dead alone. I came across two rooms in a basement. It was locked away for a long time that heavy dust and cobwebs covered the floor and furniture. There was a woman in her early twenties studying there, so I talked to her about the mystery of the room. She told me about the telephone near her and I had to call a certain number to defeat the monsters in the room. It was an old, black, corded phone. I picked up the receiver and began to dial (I don't remember where I got the number I was calling from) when two ghasty, dusty monsters started moving into the room. They resembled mummies without the wrapped linen, and when I kicked one in the groin to buy myself more time, the monster didn't flinch. With the receiver still in hand, I ran towards the door, but the cord disconnected from the distance I ran, I threw it on the orange, dust-faded couch and ran upstairs into the light. The tall, clear windows greeted my face with sunlight. It seemed everytime I cleared a room, the house became cleaner and lively. I ran into the main banquet hall where a familiar woman was seated during a wedding. When she saw me, she stood and asked about my situation. I looked behind me to find the dead gone and told her I needed a phone, which she cheerily pointed me to one behind her. I took it and called, knowing the number belonged to a high classed man and perhaps a mafia loan shark. The other line sounded different from downstairs, and I came to the conclusion that I had to make the call only from that horrid room. I felt my pit of fear return remembering that now I had to reconnect the receiver to the phone then make the call again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates