Sunday, January 31, 2010

I was with my dad in our car. I don't know how to drive, but he said he'd teach me. I was still afraid to drive with him there. We drove around my hometown and it was time to pick up my mom from work. He was helping me drive, sitting at the passenger seat beside the driver. He said he'd control the pedal; I just need to worry about the steering wheel. We drove to the convenience store and parked, since we were early. There was a girl handing out coupons. She recognized me when I got out. She knew me but I didn't know her. I told her this, but I also said her face was really familiar. That made her smile. She gave me a coupon and I went into the car again, fidgeting with the stick shift before leaving the driveway.

I was at Cookie's house. His house was different than the one he had now; it was much larger and white inside, just as the furniture was as well. The sun shone in and bounced off the walls, blindingly. We sat down in front of a television and under the armchair, Cookie put a VHS in for us to watch. Cookie's stepdad came downstairs and there was a little banter from all of us before we heard a car pull into the driveway. His mom came into the door way and asked Cookie to greet his cousin, aunt and uncle^1. As he was greeting his aunt and uncle, his cousin came up to me. He was a little taller than Cookie with fair skin and light hair^2. He leaned into me, and I thought he was going to give a greeting where your cheek touches as you make a kissy sound in the air, but when I realized it didn't look like one, I put my fingers in front of my lips, which he kissed instead. Before I could see his reaction, Cookie dragged me away. When I looked back, his cousin looked bitter. Cookie and I walked around the house, talking about him and the situation. He's visited before and he's been like that in the past. We walked through the autumn garden to the backyard, where there was a glass shelter roof and wooden walls. It was like a shed but it was for plants so it wasn't locked (it had no door). We talked a little bit there on what we were going to do, and shortly we were interrupted by his cousin. He cornered us and I forgot most of the dialogue, but it was about being in love with me and wanting me. His father came in, who was a priest. He was trying to calm his son down as he took a seat near the entrance. Cookie's cousin was acting like a spoiled child. He wanted his way and called for his mother when his dad wouldn't allow him his wish.

"What was her old name again?" he yelled at his father, who called his mother.
"Weed!"

His mother walked in, and by the looks of her strut, I would've guessed she was a former prostitute. It seemed like their son had a problem, so he was spoiled by his parents. More arguing between the family started and things were a blur until a puff of smoke cleared up and Cookie was alone with his uncle. Time was paused for that smoke, and when it cleared, the boy, his mother and I were gone. I was kidnapped.

-------------
^1 These relatives are non-existent.
^2 The boy could've been a younger Giriko from Soul Eater.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates