Thursday, March 6, 2014

I was with three friends at university. I was waiting to talk to a student employee in an office for extra credit. When he was able to take me, I followed him to a back room and we talked about the project package. He was light skinned and had an accent that was a mix of somewhere European and Middle Eastern. I had many questions, asking when it was due; he said next Friday. He explained that the due date use to be until the last day of school, but (I can't remember why the date changed). I asked for his name and how to spell it, but I couldn't keep my hand from shaking. He began writing it down for me - Yjol... there were more letters, but I was distracted by wondering what the names of the last two men I met when I came here before. A man came in talking about the formal dinner. I soon found myself at a round table eating steak in a gown. My steak was white with pink sections and had the consistency of ribs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates