Sunday, October 6, 2013

I was on a trip to a different city with Cookie and his cousins. We piled into the foyer of a well lit hotel, the incandescent glow of the lamps greeted us warmly on this summer afternoon. After checking in, we were led to our room. The walls were washed with baby blue and the grey afternoon sky was visible through its single window. There were four double beds placed side by side, all facing the door, the last covered with a canopy and curtains. I claimed that one and sat at its foot, opening my suitcase. I wanted to change into something comfortable, but I soon realized I had forgotten to pack many pieces of clothing. My bag contained enough socks and underwear for the week but not enough shirts and pants. I decided to slip into a new pair of shorts and buy some in town, but as soon as I slipped them on, I realized I had forgotten to shave my legs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates