Saturday, November 26, 2011

For some reason, my mother and I were in South Korea. I wasn't alone; my friends went too. We worked at a korean restaurant, but my mom worked at a factory not too far from the restaurant. One day, master, Andy, an elder Caucasian lady and two other girls and I were working. In the back room, a girl from another shop came over. She was blond, tall, and chubby, wearing a baby blue shirt, long apron and black pants. She had a conflict with our restaurant and Masterr took charge, sending her back. I was sent to mopping the floor, and so was the lady. While mopping, I decided to mop a little differently, hoping I could make the floor really clean. I told Masterr and others to tell customers to walk in the thick line, as our tiled floor was divided by coloured tiles. I got to the backroom still mopping and all hell broke loose. There was a crowd of people running through the dark tunnel we called a back room, and it connected to every shop. The girl who complained was there. She was a little battered and she said some mean things about the people I Valued and myself, I couldn't help but hit her for those mean things because she made me angry. When she was gone, I saw my mom in the crowd. She said the factory was closing because of some kind of melt down. As we ran together, we ran into a box of candies. My mom wanted to get it for our family in our native country, but since the store owner ran with the crowd, it was abandoned. We told it with us, because I told her to since everyone was in a hurry. I lost my mom in the growing crowd and found some acquaintances who I hugged and greeted. I dont remember how I lost them but I was alone with the lessening crowd since I ended up at the end of the line. Somehow i was only in my underwear now. I fell to the floor on my tummy like I was swimming and this man asked me, "what are you doing?" he was on a bicycle. I tried to paint it on the ground in letters with purple sparkle paint upside down to face him. I don't remember exactly what I was trying to write, but the second half said "I feel indecent." he read it, trying to understand, so I turned and read it myself. I quickly corrected the first half of my writing since I had written, "i''m pregnant", and I wasn't. He took me on his bike and we rode to the end of the back rooms together. At the last store, there were more candies in a box. I took the box for my family and we rushed up the steps into a field of dead grass. There was an older man closing the doors behind us and my mom waiting outside. There was a golf cart we piled into- my mom was driving and my cousin Bren was at the back seat. She didn't really know how to drive it, but we crashed and fell upside down. The scene changed to the sky on top of an ocean, and a Canadian airplane and Korean Air airplane were fighting. They weren't designed for fighting, as they were passenger airplanes. It was cinematic and a waltz music played while a voice over said something about only Canada and Korea bombed each other, meaning it was only these two planes. When that view disappeared, I sat beside the bike dude on the airplane pavement as the Korea Air airplane pulled into the foggy airpad. I unlinked my arm from his as people were boarding and joined them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates