Sunday, May 12, 2024

20240512 i met my neighbour who lives beside my house. He was black with tight, black curls that fell freely into the shape of an afro. In his arms was a toddler of two years of age, who shared the same tight, black curls. We spoke for a bit before i excused myself because i was on my way to the hospital.

My child came our with black skin and tight, black curls. I was confused and scared. This was our baby, but didn't resemble Cookie or i. I took the baby for a walk in a stroller to think, and stopped on a snowly hill. I climbed the snow hill as I did as a child and thought on the top why our baby was different. I feared Cookie would think I cheated on him, which I didn't. I came back to baby to find they had froze to death on this cold winter day. I cried.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates