Saturday, October 7, 2023

20231007 On this night, I was a majorette/colour guard again. For some reason, I had to do one last show twenty years after I've quit. My cousin was a baton user, but she switched to colour guard after I left. We lined up for our performance, as a man, the MC, announced we'd do a certain song. Unfortunately I didn't know the song or its routine, but I laid my flag on the ground along with a hammer my cousin set in line with everyone else's flags.


When the song began, she grabbed my flag and I was confused as I was sure I brought my flag. I grabbed the hammer, and as soon as I could, swapped it with a broom handle that lay near my feet. I vocalized my confusion and my cousin admitted she put hers in the wash, and it wasn't done yet, hence the hammer.

The song ended to my relief, and so did the show. My cousin and the rest of the majorettes stated they were starving, so we rushed into the foyer. To our surprise, everything was destroyed. The audience was rioting. Little fires were everywhere as the rioters looted the room.


I was with Nightwing (Batman's first Robin, all gtown up) in a kitchen, well lit with the morning's sun. Still in his vigilante uniform, he leaned over the backrest of a chair as his attention was focused on something on the table. I watched him as he thought, before Jason Todd (Batman's second Robin, also grown up with the identity of Red Hood) walked up beside me with his arms crossed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates