Thursday, April 27, 2023

20230427 Cookie and I went to a summer camp for a day. It was in an old, Victorian home with its walls covered in old, yellowing, floral wallpaper. The camp counsellor was a woman in there late thirties. As she watched us pass, she seemed like a miserable person. She was also strict with us.


After setting down our luggage in another room, we joined everyone in a large room that served as a sitting room as well as a dining area. We sat at picnic tables as a projector screen was wheeled in front of us. One girl began eating, but the counsellor abrasively told her not to.

We as a dull movie played, I asked the counsellor if we were allowed to watch anime. She said “no” and went back to whatever was distracting her. Soon the movie ended and a slideshow of Naruto images flipped through the screen. I noted this to her and she quickly stopped the slideshow.

We were given the night off, so I took my time to pack a small backpack of the things I wanted to take with me to town. I told Cookie to go on ahead and I'll meet up with him. I stumbled choosing what I wanted to bring. 

I lost track of time; I didn't know how much had passed so I rushed outside. Luke Skywalker (from Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi) drove past me in a tractor. He said Cookie was at Canadian Tire. I rushed to meet him there when my cell phone rang. Peach called to tell me, “My boy is at Canadian Tire, whatever that means.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates